Private Music Lessons
- Private lessons are a commitment for the whole school year (August–May). Fall semester is 16 weeks, and Spring semester is 20 weeks. Students have the option to continue for 8 weeks in the summer.
- Lessons occur once a week and are considered a standing appointment.
- Two make-up/rescheduled lessons are allotted to each student per semester. Lessons are eligible to be made up/rescheduled only if 24-hour notice is given. If appropriate notice is not given, the teacher is not required to make up/reschedule the lesson.
- After two make-up lessons have occurred in one semester, additional missed lessons and make-ups are at the discretion of the teacher.
- In the event of illness, notify the teacher as soon as you suspect a possible absence, rather than waiting to see if the illness will subside. Lessons cancelled within 2 hours of the scheduled time are not eligible for make-up, except in emergency situations.
- Make-up lessons will not be rescheduled.
- Lessons are considered forfeit when the student arrives more than 10 minutes late without contacting the teacher. Call or text the teacher as soon as you anticipate a late arrival.
- If the teacher is late, the teacher will either extend the lesson or reschedule the lost time.
- If the teacher needs to miss a lesson, the teacher is responsible for making up the missed lesson, or the lesson will be credited to the student at the end of the semester.
- Group classes are a commitment for the entire class session (8- or 12-weeks).
- Group classes occur once a week. Classes must meet minimum registration requirements, so it is vital that students complete the full class session. Remember that early withdrawal affects the other students in the class!
- Due to the nature of the group class environment, individual absences cannot be made up or rescheduled for any reason.
- If the teacher will be absent, students will be notified in advance and the class will be made up.
- Tuition can be paid by semester or in monthly installments. The first payment is due before the first lesson of the semester.
- Monthly installments are due before the first lesson of each month. A $5 processing fee is added for this option.
- Online payments are preferred (www.fbcsa.org/imagopayments).
- Checks or cash are also accepted. Notify the coordinator in advance so that arrangements can be made to receive these payments in person.
- Registration & Fees
- Annual registration fee of $40/year per student, or family registration fee of $60/year. This fee is non-refundable.
- Art supply fee of $15/semester per student
- Art lab fee (advanced classes) of $40/semester per student
- Late fee of $10 is assessed if payment is received after the first lesson of the month. Lessons will be suspended if payment is not received by the second lesson of the month.
- Fee schedule is online at www.fbcsa.org/imagopayments
- Monthly installments do not correspond to the number of lessons in each month. Tuition is equally divided among the months in the semester. This means some lessons won’t actually be paid for until the following month, so it is important not to fall behind on monthly payments.
- A Recital & Art Display will be held at the end of the Fall and Spring semesters.
- Students of all levels are expected to participate in recitals, when a recital piece has been adequately prepared for performance. The final lesson may be considered an assessment of readiness for placement in the recital program.
- Students with unpaid tuition are not eligible to perform on the recital.
- An accompanist will be provided for the recital at no additional cost.
- Teachers may provide opportunities for students to participate in other performances, festivals, and competitions at their discretion.
Instruments and Materials
- Music students need to own or rent a quality instrument. Piano students must have a piano or keyboard with weighted keys in their home (not just at school).
- Teachers may provide a list of method books, repertoire books and/or sheet music to purchase. Students are responsible for obtaining these materials.
- Use of the piano lab is available to piano students at no charge.
- Art students
- Some art courses require art students to obtain their own art supplies. Instructors will provide a list for these supplies.
- If instructors provide the materials, a $15 art supply fee or $40 lab fee is required before the first class.
Withdrawal & Dismissal
- If a student wishes to discontinue lessons, a two-week written notice to IMAGO is required. The student will be financially responsible for the next two weeks, whether or not the student chooses to attend. If advance payment was made, IMAGO will refund the remainder, with the exception of two weeks’ tuition and the registration fee.
- The teacher reserves the right to dismiss a student for the following reasons
- Unpaid tuition
- Discipline problems
- Chronic failure to practice.